Monday, July 18, 2011

Luke 22:41-44

Just a couple of weeks ago, I put up Matthew's version of verse 42, but I was apparently a few weeks ahead in our ward's lesson schedule! So this week is Luke's version. I picked this one over Mark, but it's the one that mentions the angel appearing and I know a woman who likes to think that the angel was perhaps Heavenly Mother. I think that's a beautiful thought.

41 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,

42 Saying, Father and Mother, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: band his sweat was as it were great drops of cblood falling down to the ground.

No comments: