Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sing Praise to Them

We sang Sing Praise to Him today and I had never heard of it before. I loved the analogy of God as a mother and enjoyed inserting the gender-inclusive language. "Him" to "them" and verb tense changes. I changed "Lord" to "Parents" or "Gods" and added "Lady" once as well.


Sing praise to them who reign above,
Parents of all creation,
The source of pow’r, the fount of love,
The rock of our salvation.
With healing balm my soul they fill
And ev’ry faithless murmur stills.
To them all praise and glory!

What their almighty pow’r hath made
Their gracious mercy keepeth.
By morning glow or evening shade
Their watchful eye ne’er sleepeth.
Within the kingdom of their might,
Lo! all is just and all is right.
To them all praise and glory!

Lord, Lady- never far away,
But, thru all grief distressing,
An ever-present help and stay,
Our peace and joy and blessing.
As with a mother’s tender hand,
They lead their own, their chosen band.
To them all praise and glory!

Thus, all my toilsome way along
I sing aloud thy praises,
That all may hear the grateful song
My voice unwearied raises.
Be joyful in the Gods, my heart!
Both soul and body bear your part.
To them all praise and glory!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Love it! I don't usually comment, but I do read and appreciate these posts. :) Thanks!