Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lord, Lady my Pasture Will Prepare


The Lord My Pasture Will Prepare was our closing hymn today. Typically, shepherd imagery is limited to Christ, but I wanted to include our Heavenly Parents, and particularly Heavenly Mother because shepherding is a work that is dualistic in nature: the shepherd both nurtures and protects.

Instead of "The Lord" I used, "Lord, Lady." If you want to sing it this way, the half note that is "Lord" in the original hymn becomes two quarter notes.

Lord, Lady my pasture will prepare
And feed me with a shepherd’s care.
Their presence will my wants supply,
And guard me with a watchful eye.
My noonday walks they will attend
And all my silent midnight hours defend.

When in the sultry glebe I faint,
Or on the thirsty mountain pant,
To fertile vales and dewy meads
My weary, wand’ring steps they lead,
Where peaceful rivers, soft and slow,
Amid the cooling verdant landscape flow.

No comments: