Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Child's Prayer

Multiple people have asked me to do this song. It's definitely a favorite among the parents I know who use it as a lullaby.

Heavenly Parents, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer ev’ry child’s prayer?
Some say that heaven is far away,
But I feel it close around me as I pray.
Heavenly Parents, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
“Suffer the children to come to me.”
Parents, in prayer I’m coming now to thee.

Pray, they are there;
Speak, they are list’ning.
You are their child;
Their love now surrounds you.
They hears your prayer;
They loves the children.
Of such is the kingdom, the kingdom of heav’n.

It is also very poignant if you sing only about Heavenly Mother. Heavenly Mother, are you really there?

No comments: