Sunday, November 13, 2011

Now Thank We Goddess, God

More Thanksgiving! The first lines "Now Thank we all our God" I changed to "Now Thank We Goddess, God." I did a similar change with the second verse. I also pluralized the masculine pronouns. When it came to "Who, from our mothers' arms," I was tempted to leave it because I like having another reference to mothers in a very masculine hymnbook, but decided to go with "parents." Sing it however you like!

Now thank we Goddess, God
With hearts and hands and voices,
Who wondrous things hath done,
In whom their earth rejoices;
Who, from our parents’ arms,
Hath blessed us on our way
With countless gifts of love
And still is ours today.

Oh, may our Goddess, God
Through all our life be near us,
With ever-joyful hearts
And blessed peace to cheer us,
And keep us in their love,
And guide us day and night,
And free us from all ills,
Protect us by their might.

No comments: