Monday, April 11, 2011

Matthew 11:25-27

Yesterday's Sunday School lesson was "Take my Yoke upon You." There weren't any scriptures in the reading for it that mentioned the Father or God, but the three verses before the "take my yoke" verses are of Christ revealing his Father, so I chose those for today. I changed "Father" to "Parents" and also included Mother at other points. I also changed "man" to "one" for gender inclusivity.

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Parents, Lord and Lady of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

26 Even so, Mother and Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Parents: and no one knoweth the Son, but the Father and Mother; neither knoweth any one the Parents, save the Son, and they to whomsoever the Son will reveal them.

No comments: