Tuesday, May 17, 2011

John 9:35-38

This was from this week's Sunday School lesson. I actually got to catch the last part because we only had 2 Sunbeams show up and my co-teacher said she could handle it. Nice change of scenery. So here we have Jesus speaking to the recently-healed, newly-cast-out blind man. All I needed to do was add "Goddess."

35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God and Goddess?

36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.


I really want to do this scripture again, with the blind man being a woman, just as an small exercise in relating the scriptures to myself. I found it very poignant.

35 Jesus heard that they had cast her out; and when he had found her, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of Goddess and God?

36 She answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

37 And Jesus said unto her, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

38 And she said, Lord, I believe. And she worshipped him.

No comments: