Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Matthew 18:10-14

Our ward combined lessons 13 and 14 in order to catch up from falling behind. This scripture is from lesson 13. I added Mother and made the language gender-inclusive. Once again, I'm using "they" as a singular and I hope those of you who are grammarians will forgive me.

10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father and Mother which are in heaven.

11 For the Son of man and woman is come to save that which was lost.

12 How think ye? if a person have an hundred asheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth they not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

13 And if so be that they find it, verily I say unto you, they rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

14 Even so it is not the will of your Mother and Father which are in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

Additionally, I'd like to thank Sybil at Daughters of Mormonism, for mentioning this blog in Episode 5 on Sunday. I hadn't read the show notes, so I wasn't expecting to hear "Mutual Approbation" mentioned at all! Fan girl (woman?) squealing ensued.

Daughters of Mormonism is a new podcast that is hoping to tackle Mormon women's issues and I know I've enjoyed what I've heard so far. Good stuff to think on. Thank you, Sybil!

No comments: